Ballet Tights Care Instructions
Being sustainable doesn’t just stop with the purchase of our tights, it also extends into how you use and dance in them. Follow our tips to be as sustainable as possible and keep tights out of landfills.
- Avoid tearing the foot hole of your tights or cutting it with scissors (we know that's just life for some dancers but we have to say it) Avoid sharp jewellery, jagged toenails or anything in your dance bag that can snag your tights.
- Stretch your tights before the first wear to get the yarn mobile and ready to be put on your body.
- Scrunch them up, put one foot in and roll them on. Pull from the toes, not from the top of the tights.
- Hand wash in cool water with mild detergent. Never use softener as it can damage the elastane. Air dry.
- It is also possible to wash our tights in a washing machine, on a delicate cycle, at 30 degrees Celsius, preferably in a mesh garment bag.
- You can easily repair small tears in your tights with a needle and thread.